Kitchen, adding value to your home
Here at 5 different ways in which your kitchen can add value to your home:
1. High-Quality Materials When it comes to your kitchen, quality and longevity are essential. By using high-quality materials and fittings for your cabinets, doors and worktops, you can guarantee that your kitchen will last. This will not go unnoticed by potential buyers and will give them a sense of relief that that kitchen will be strong, durable and not need replacing any time soon. Researching different types of kitchen materials will give you a good idea of their longevity and maintenance, it is also important that you choose materials that are easy to clean and maintain such as non-porous and stain-proof worktops.
2. Kitchen Storage and Layout When designing your kitchen, it is vital that you carefully plan the layout. A kitchen should always appear bright, spacious and clutter-free. This also goes hand in hand with storage and by choosing clever storage solutions you can create a minimalistic and airy kitchen which is appealing to buyers. Here at Zest Kitchens Northampton, we have plenty of experience working with different sized properties, budgets and circumstances. We understand that these things can sometimes restrict your options when it comes to the layout and storage but by working closely with you, we can find solutions to maximise your space and design the perfect layout for your home. For example, we can plan and design different zones within your kitchen to keep it organised and running efficiently such as an area to cook, an area to prep, an area to entertain and an area to sit etc. We can also recommend innovative storage solutions to keep your kitchen looking clean and tidy. There are various options to choose from such as built-in appliances, hidden bins, concealed larders and refrigerators or handleless designs.
3. Style and Colours Your choice of style and colour schemes is what really brings your kitchen to life and gives it personality. When choosing your styles and colours it is a good idea not to go too wacky or bold. Bright and neutral shades predominantly work best to keep your kitchen looking airy, spacious and elegant with Whites, Greys, Beige, Sage and Black being the most popular colours amongst potential buyers. You also need to determine which colours work best within both your natural light and artificial light so that your kitchen is gleaming and eye-catching both day and night.
4. Innovative Appliances Your appliances can make the difference between a new and modern kitchen or a dated and basic kitchen. Therefore, it is important to make sure that your kitchen appliances match your kitchen in terms of quality and budget. For example, you wouldn’t want low quality, dated appliances in an expensive kitchen. Naturally, buyers are attracted to appliances which are high in quality, energy-efficient and the more innovative and tech-savvy they are, the higher the value of your kitchen. Here at Zest Kitchens Northampton, we can help to supply you with a wide range of practical high-quality appliances such as boiling taps, wine coolers, double ovens, warming drawers, fridge freezers, built-in USB ports and integrated appliances. If your budget allows, you can also consider smart appliances which are gradually rising in popularity
5. Flooring & Tiling Choosing the correct high-quality tiling and flooring for your kitchen can really change or enhance the appearance of the whole room. For colours and shades, it is a good idea to choose flooring and tiles which complement your cabinets and keep your kitchen looking bright and spacious. Maintenance and durability of your flooring are going to be important for potential buyers so it is a good idea to choose materials which are strong and easy to clean and maintain. Tile is extremely popular at the moment due to being super strong and aesthetically pleasing as well as very easy to clean. Other great options include high-end laminates and non-porous stones for beautiful and practical flooring. If you choose to have a splashback and tiled walls, it is a good idea to research the best quality materials and porcelain to ensure longevity and durability.
If you are thinking about a new kitchen for your home or a revamp of your old kitchen to increase the value of your property, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Zest Kitchens Northampton. We can provide you with a wide range of different ideas, designs, materials, colours, storage options and appliances for your perfect kitchen.
We currently Northampton, Market Harborough, Daventry, Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas. We look forward to hearing from you.